Thursday, July 8, 2010

Daisies

He loves me ... he loves me not.  Who hasn't used a wild daisy to foretell true love?  I love daisies.  They mean summer sun is here.  I don't even care whether the daisy is a "Shasta" variety or simply a wild one that seeds itself in my beds.  I have 2 of the wild variety this year - 1 in my side flower bed and another one in the back.   I don't know where they came from, but I can recognize their jagged leaves when I'm weeding out my beds in the spring, and I do my best to leave them be.  The wild daisy in the side flower bed is huge and really very glorious.  I had to prop them up with some plant supports because of the number of blossoms.  -Very pretty and they didn't cost me a dime.  The larger Shasta daisies grow in the back bed.  I bought one plant years ago and each year since it has greeted the summer sun with its happy petal faces.  It's been a very hot week -90's - and no rain.  I've been watering all the potted plants every day, but not the daisies.  They seem to love the heat and the sun.  Rain is forecast for tomorrow.  That's good.  All the gardens need a good long drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment