Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Greenhouse Goes Up!

Oh, exciting day! It felt just like Christmas morning when I awoke. Our contractor is putting our greenhouse up today!  What seems liked a zillion-pieced jigsaw puzzle to us, is like a "Lincoln-Log" project for him.  He and his helper got right to work at 8:30 and by noon had the side walls and rafters up.  He's hoping to have it mostly done today with a little extra electrical and water work to finish up on a second day.  I warned him I'd be taking pictures all day for the blog. I've been snapping shots every hour or so, but other than that I'm leaving them to their work.



Side walls up by 9:00 A.M.

 


Doors framed by 10:00 A.M.


Rafters up by lunchtime.

Half of the windows are in by quitting time. 


The windows are taking a little longer than my contractor expected. He has to clean them, and seal them, before setting them in and trimming.  He'll be back in the morning to finish the build.  Oh, happy day!


1 comment:

  1. It seem so easy for me as well. Thanks for sharing, how to make this. I will gone try for this.
    dean graziosi

    ReplyDelete